RE: Lunar Lander on Asteroids. :-)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 19:55:10 EST

> he thread subject is LL on Asteroids. So, what Clay is building here
> is an adapter to run LL and A.D. on a Asteroids machine?

Ok, what I've got is a little kit that plugs into a stock Asteroids
board and lets you play Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, and Lunar Lander
all all the same board. (Just like a MultiPac plays a bunch of Pacman
games, etc.)

> Somewhere
> I heard about LL/A.D./Asteroids in color, or was I dreaming?

This is another gizmo of mine. It's a board that connects to the end of
an Asteroids board and makes Space-Duel type connectors. It includes
some circuitry to "colorize" the B/W vectors and a new Vector ROM to
make everything nice and colorful. ;-)

> Will this
> board run in a color vector game cab or in a Asteroids cab?

The color board will go with a Space Duel (or probably Gravitar/BW).
The Atari Ast/Dlx/LL multigame will work in a standard Asteroids cab, or
a color cab with the addition of the board above. (whew, long
description)

> How about Asteroids and A.D. in a LL cab? (Thinking now I should've
> kept my A.D. cabinet! Arggg!) Still have my LL though!

Well, it *could* be done-- add buttons, use an Asteroids board with the
kit on it, etc... Kinda grim. Your Mileage May Vary.

> Sorry about the dumb questions, I'm just getting confused with all
> this talk of adapters and b/w games being played in color and so
> forth.

Sorry, that's probably my fault. I get excited and have to babel to
vectorlist when I figure something out. The importance of patching
Lunar Lander code to run on a stock Asteroids board is somehow lost upon
my wife. (She gives me that "what are you jabbering about you freak?"
look and says something like "Ohh. Good." ;-)

-Clay