Re: TECH:? Monitor rebuilding WG6101 SD

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 09:17:25 EST

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Frank Kannemann wrote:

> 4) D902 which only says Silicon Diode seems to read inconsistantly.
> Some readings everything seems ok other times it seems bad...
> is that possible? replace it anyway? if yes what would its specs be?

Real helpfull, isn't that manual ? I bought a non-working Tempest, where a
cap kit had been installed incorrectly. The replacemanet ZD902 was put in
the D902 spot. Needless to say, it didn't work, AND I didn't have an
original part to check.

With the help of the list we discovered that an NTE558 is a good
replacement. It was available from Mouser (www.mouser.com) last year when I
fixed it.

(Greg W -- you had asked me to tell you what I found so you could put it in
the FAQ. Did I, and did you ? )

> So, could replacing these parts possibly lead to a fix? Or just go ahead
> and do it?

D902 isn't covered in the Zanen kit, but I think the other 2 parts you
mentioned are. ANyone know if a parts list for the kit is online ? If not,
I'll type mine in toinght.

I also HIGHLY suggest ordering and installing an LV2000 low voltage
replacement board. Will make the monitor much more reliable, save you many
headaches.

http://www.diac.com/~jeffh/lv2000/index.html

http://www.westnet.com/