Re: Rare vector finds web page

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 03:32:11 EST

> Define "dedicated," then.
>
> To me, "dedicated" means a unique cabinet -- i.e. no other
> cabinet made is like it.
>
> I guess, technically, a different sticker inside the game would
> make it unique, but that seems kinda weak to me.
>
> Let me re-word what I previously wrote to say that if you find
> a marquee, CP, and bezel, and put it in any old convert-a-cab, it will
> be cosmetically indistinguishable (from the outside) from any other
> Zektor.
>
> Thus, I don't consider there to have been any dedicated
> Zektors.

Think of it this way.. if you were going to order a game new, would you
say "I want a zektor in a convertacab cabinet?".. you'd just say you
want a Zektor kit to put in your space fury cabinet or you want a
dedicated Zektor new in the box. Dedicated means nothing more than it came
from the factory as a complete game. It doesnt matter if it looks the same
on the outside.
If you look in your eliminator and see it has a space
fury sticker it aint a dedicated.. its that simple because it didn't
arrive from the factory in that cabinet. but calling it a
dedicated? Personally i'd never call something that was converted
"dedicated." even something like Sega convertacabs. I wouldnt call a
Zektor a ded Zektor unless I've seen the stickers inside and out. But
if I had a MH that was converted to arkaniod and then converted back to MH
even though the harness is hacked up I'd still call it a ded MH..
The only Sega vector game I ever refer to as dedicated is the ST:SOS in
the unique cab so I follow your logic joe... I'd never call our Zektor a
ded even though actually it is. Its all just the way we collectors talk to
each other and know our games as I guess.. some stupid mental thing that
sometimes doesnt follow the true meaning of "dedicated".

Jeff