Re: Rare vector finds web page

From: Omar Vega <omar_at_Techsource.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 21:46:54 EST

> The story I got from Lee was that it came from the family of
>some operator that had just died, and they wanted to "get rid of all
>that crap." If that's actually the case (i.e. I'm remembering
>correctly) then that doesn't sound like Southern Music.

Mr Rood is almost gone but not yet (turns 96 next month) so that's not him.
Southern is basically closed and fully liquidated as of last month. Sad to
see it... they had been around since 1936 with the same owner.

> Omar, didn't you guys go through there later in the year?
>Lee found the Zektor around New Year's, and right after that, I got an
>Eliminator from there (Lee told me about it, while I was trying to
>wheel and deal for the Zektor :) ). I thought both of those deals
>were done before you guys went through Southern Music, so you might've
>just missed it....

I had gone through there several times before that BUT the place was super
packed until shortly before you got your Eliminator. My aversion to sega
vectors may have also clouded my judgement :-) Mystery remains for now.