Re: Rare vector finds web page

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 21:35:46 EST

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Jeff Anderson wrote:

> > As far as I know that one didn't come out of Southern unless I just missed
> > it. They had a lot of boxed and new games until last year so it's possible
> > (unlikely.... kick myself if I had missed that one).
>
> It just made a lot of sense to me that it would have come from there one
> way or anyther.. Southern had a longstanding history of throwing next to
> unused games in the warehouse. the Zektor was operated but probably no
> more than a month. maybe some other op got it from southern a few years
> back. There was like 8 Zektor manuals found in there after all and Lee
> said he got the game in Orlando..

        The story I got from Lee was that it came from the family of
some operator that had just died, and they wanted to "get rid of all
that crap." If that's actually the case (i.e. I'm remembering
correctly) then that doesn't sound like Southern Music.

        Omar, didn't you guys go through there later in the year?
Lee found the Zektor around New Year's, and right after that, I got an
Eliminator from there (Lee told me about it, while I was trying to
wheel and deal for the Zektor :) ). I thought both of those deals
were done before you guys went through Southern Music, so you might've
just missed it....

Joe