vector projector

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 12:31:14 EST

Ok.. while I made up that Fluke page last night I put up some stuff I've
been meaning to get rid of.. I never made the connection before but one of
the things I wanna get outa my sight is an Electrohome CRT Data projector.
It has an 8" liquid cooled B/W CRT.. generally for projection purposes 8"
CRTs can do about 25' diagonal MAX but thats big enough for a projection
Asteriods :>

I guess the hardest part would be you'd have to hand wind a yoke, but I
dont think the rest would be TOO hard. Currently the thing does not power
up, it gets heater glow but no HV. It looks to be in really nice shape so
I think its ressurectable, it still has its celing mount bracket too.
I dunno its just an idea I thought I'd throw out there cuz there's been
talk of stuff like this in the past..

If anybody wants to tackle something like that this is probably the best
platform you could work on (new 8" CRTs are in the over $500 range)..just
let me know. I dont want any money for it, just playing and maybe
borrowing rights.. and If it blows up I dont care :>

Otherwise I'm gonna eBay it to get it outa my sight..

here's my stupid link again :>
it in the page halfway down.. theres a big pic and a description..
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Cavern/3299/

Jeff