Color WG6101 trouble-shooting assistance?

From: Frank Kannemann <frankk_at_fundy.net>
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 20:55:04 EST

Hi,

Sorry guys, my ongoing saga with my SPace Duel monitor.

After replacing a couple of resistors and a diode I got a shakey
picture back.

I am still waiting for my Zanen Cap kit (maybe the XY monitor gods
will bless me after that)..

It turns the real bad smell was comming from the 5W 3.9 ohm
which was the component that original failed. So I have fixed
the symptom but not the actual cause. There seems to be alot of current
here causing black spot on board? and a stinky garage...

Reading from the Bible, Gregg's XY book (Gregg to you want a hand
PDF'ing
itlet me know?) he mentions if "R907 smokes, check: C902 (reversed)
broken wire near R902." Both seem ok.

Could a bad transistor say Q900/Q901/Q902 do this..they seem ok
via in circuit testing....and caps seem ok...

HELP - any further suggestions or recommendations would be mondo
appreciated....

Thanks

Frank