Go8 Heater issues

From: Mark E Davidson <Burbs1_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 21:05:10 EST

My Go8 in my Star Trek is freeking out upon power up.
I know the voltage heater for the tube comes out of the HV unit But what
this
set is doing is going bright and dim and the picture is shrinking and
expanding as the machine runs. The reason for all this is because the
heater voltage is changing. You can actually see the filaments change
from hot to cooler as the monitor runs and there is also changes in the
typical high voltage sound that all monitors make. Where do I start in a

repair? Ideas?