Re: Lunar Lander

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 16:07:06 EST

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 mike_ranger@DOFASCO.CA wrote:

> It looks complete, but I have no Cabinet for it, so I will try to
> work on it on the test bench. Let's see....schematics....can't find them on
> the net...(anyone?)....Okay, pinouts....36 vac...I've got a tempest
> transformer, a black widow harness, a spare wg 6101, and an audio reg
> 2...Can I get the required voltages? Probably, but can 22 volts suffice?

One big catch -- I think the 22V on the Audio/Reg board is 22VDC, not AC!
So it probably won't work, and it might do something nasty.

I don't have the docs for the color vector power supply handy - is
there a 36VAC output from that supply (or from elsewhere on the
Audio/Reg II board) that Mike could use?

One thing to keep in mind - if you can find 36VAC somewhere - wire it
directly to the adaptor you use for the LL board, rather than into the
wiring harness of the BW cabinet. The last thing you want is to discover
that the "unused" connector on Black Widow that you used for 36VAC is used
by some *other* game. (Space Duel comes to mind - SD's power and video
outputs are the same, but the control inputs are different. Putting
36VAC on a control input will probably let the magic smoke out of many
a chip :)

Later,
Doug.

--