RE: Lunar Lander

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 18:33:34 EST

The other thing is that you should be able to apply the +/- 22V DC to
the 36V AC inputs. Look at the schematics and follow the diodes-- all
they really want it something above +/-15 for the regulators in the DVG.
So, you feed in the +/- 22V DC, it only forward biases one of the diodes
in each half of the rectifier, but you still have about +/- 21V or so
going into the regulators-- should be enough to still get a clear +/-
15V. I did this to run an Asteroids board off a Star Wars power supply
for a while...

You can also use +/- 12V, but your picture won't scale full-screen on a
mono monitor. (Plenty good for testing on a scope though.)

-Clay