WG6100 Repair Question

From: Dennis Shirk <dshirk_at_godfrey.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 07:16:51 EST

Anyone repair WG6100 deflection boards?

I have a WG6100 out of my Star Wars that bugged out. The 2 main slow blow
fuses blew on the deflection board while switching it from Star Wars to ESB
recently (via Clay Cowgills ESB kit).

The monitor still glowed, but the high voltage board was not "clicking" the
vectors out.

Clay Cowgill suggested the low-voltage section finally went on the
deflection board, so I replaced it with an LV2000, and replaced the 2
slow-blow fuses.I re-hooked the board up to the wiring harness only, and
powered it up, and everything seemed to be functioning.

I reinstalled everything else, powered it back up and the low voltage
section started working correctly, the high-voltage board started generating
the vector "clicking", but then a different fuse blew, and 2 resisters went
up in smoke. (F600 [3A 250v fuse] and the resisters at R602, R603).

This problem is a bit beyond my expertise. I could send along the original
monitor manual, as well as the LV2000 manual.

Thanks for any help...

Dennis
http://gameroom.godfrey.com