Re: Asteriods Cabaret? = mini? 13" monitor

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_xmission.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 23:47:10 EST

> >A mini stands about 41/2 ft high, has a 13" monitor instead of 19" and is
> >smaller in depth and width. Upright Asteroids is $799, Mini $899. >Upright
> >Deluxe is $899, mini $999. Todd
>
> Other than the prices seeming a bit high, I was curious about the
> "mini's".
>
> The Asteriods documentation I have only refers to a cocktail and an
> upright.

I've got a mini. I'd never seen one before and I asked the operator
about it. "Oh yeah, we (the operator and his buddies) built a batch of
those minis and put knockoff boards in them." It seems that a set of
plans was floating around for the mini (at least in the virginia area)..
But it is definitly "home brew" down to color copy of the asteroids
marquee.

Anyway, before someone sells you an "authentic" one take a look at the
construction and also look for atari stickers..

Kurt