Re: Amplifone HV board MCI

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 00:23:01 EST

In a message dated 2/22/99 10:59:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, MKDUD@aol.com
writes:

<< P.S. What the hell does the MCI (Magnetic correction) do? >>

     Well, I thought I'd post this, as I think it is relevant to anyone
working on Amplifones. I'm still not sure what the MCI does, but I know that a
healthy one is needed to keep your BU406D safe. I had a HV boad that kept
killing BU406D's. Turns out one af the damn 50 ohm 5w resistors was mounted
real close to the MCI years ago, and put a nice burn mark on the side of the
red can. I guess this made the MCI bad, and it was killing the BU406D's.
     Check your positioning of the 5w resistors, and make sure their heat
doesn't affect any components that they are close to. Finding this MCI problem
was a real pain, and it could have been avoided if the 5w wasn't so close to
the MCI.
     If anybody knows what the damn MCI does, please post or e-mail me. My
Amplifone HV guide should be done in about a week, and I'd love to discuss how
it works.

Thanks,
Michael Kelley