Aliens

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 19:39:46 EST

Hi everyone.

Rick Schieve gave me his Aliens prototypes. ("Aliens" would eventually
become known as "Tempest"...)

Anyway, they're Prototype's #00004 and #00005. The #5 board looks to be
pretty much ready to roll, while #4 is the CPU/AVG board only. They're
in amazing shape-- they look brand new. Hopefully the ROMs are intact.
It looks like there was some funny-business going on with the memory
decoding, so I'm not sure if they're Tempest-hardware compatible or not.

At any rate, I'll be carefully reading ROM and PROM contents and
tinkering with them over the next few weeks and will let everyone know
if they're anything usable.

If it turns out the code runs on Tempest hardware (or I can hack it up a
bit to make it go), maybe it's time for me to do a run of the 6502 CPU
Get Well Kits and make a Tempest Multigame? If it's OK with the
"mystery-author" of the Tubes ROMs I could include that too... ;-)

-Clay