How fussy B&W Vector monitor voltage from PS?

From: Frank Kannemann <frankk_at_fundy.net>
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 22:50:52 EST

Hi,

I am *also* (still) wrestling with my asteriods.

I think my monitor is maybe ok....

I am beginning to suspect the power supply.

My Space Duel's power supply looked identical to the asteriods
one. But, upon close inspection and review of the schematics it looks
like there are extra windings and voltages in the Asteriods one.

Is 7 volts too much on the 6.3 line? or could this be due
to the monitor not being installed? thus no load?

So, any suggestions?

1) is there any way to use my Space Duel (working now) to help
troubleshoot the asteriods?

2) The asteriods seems to beep accordly in test mode for all buttons.
But, in play mode the 2 lighted buttons come on and and stay on...

3) So, with no screen (I am figuring that in test mode it is maybe
displaying something on the monitor..which is dead?)

Help again?

On the cabaret question why didn't Atari update their documentation?

Also did the cabaret use a 13" monitor or 19"...

Thanks

Frank