Re: How fussy B&W Vector monitor voltage from PS?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 00:51:22 EST

In a message dated 3/17/99 11:12:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, frankk@fundy.net
writes:

<< My Space Duel's power supply looked identical to the asteriods
 one. But, upon close inspection and review of the schematics it looks
 like there are extra windings and voltages in the Asteriods one.

 Is 7 volts too much on the 6.3 line? or could this be due
 to the monitor not being installed? thus no load?

 So, any suggestions? >>

This supply is different. Though the heater will operate with the 7v, I don't
think it is a good idea...G05 tubes can be hard to find, and the highe voltage
can't be doing the heater any good.