Re: WG6100 Static Tick

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 00:32:49 EST

In a message dated 3/17/99 11:33:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chumblespuzz@home.com writes:

<< I have a Tempest monitor that constantly ticks - sounds like a static
 discharge every 1 or 2 seconds. Monitor works great, just the sound is
 really annoying.

 Any thought to the cause or where I should begin looking?

Make sure all your HV wires are well insulated, and that all the rubber caps
are secure and in tact to the HV transformer. Also, check to make sure that
your anode cap is securely in place on the CRT. I've seen a bit of leaky HV on
a WG cause a similar problem on a Space Duel.....

MK