vectorlist auction policy

From: Paul Labuda <longhorn_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 13:28:21 EST

Peter,

Thanks for the opportunity to set this in stone. Joe called me about this
message, and we hammered together this vectorlist policy, effective
immediately:

NO AUCTION POSTS. NO FOR SALE POSTS. Nada. Zip. Nothing.

This list is set up for technical discussions. We all know that we can go
to eBay or any of a number of other auction houses for auctions, should we
so desire.

There are obvious times that an auction or sale might be a desireable thing
on the list, so there is an out. Mail me (longhorn@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu) or Joe
(jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu) if you think an item might be rare enough that
a sale on vectorlist would be warranted. Any homebrew multigame stuff,
replacement artwork you've constructed, etc. will be considered, but
commerce is not the mission of this list.

We don't like imposing this semi-moderation on the list, but trying to
sneak around the agreements we have is pushing a little too hard fro our
taste.

Please direct any complaints or comments to me personally at
longhorn@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu, rather than replying back to the list. This
may seem draconian to some of you, but if you wish to sell something, use
the r.g.c.a.* newsgroups. To reiterate, this list is for technical
discussion. Please use it as such.

- Paul Labuda
  longhorn@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu