Re: Reproduction Updates.

From: Peter McDermott <pmcdermott_at_pmcdermott.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 16:09:33 EST

So what's the general process for getting this done? Scan,
painstakingly convert to Illustrator by tracing the scan, generate an
output file, go to silkscreen shop, and then pay $x to print the
silkscreen?

I'm interested in this for my Tempest cocktail. For the benefit of
those who don't know, the Tempest cocktail (as well as the Space Duel
cocktail, I'd think) has its' artwork printed onto a piece of clear,
adhesive plastic which is then applied to the back of the tabletop
glass. The problem with this arrangement is that the decal has started
'flaking' around the edge of the glass due to age/exposure. I think
this is common with these cocktails.

I'm not sure of the practicality of printing the Tempest artwork onto a
piece of cardboard ala Ms. Pac-Man, but it might be work if it were
printed onto a piece of clear, non adhesive, plastic.

Is lexan a clear plastic? Also, is a 'die cut' when they cut these
things to some shape you define?

-Peter