RE: WG6100 - Mystery transistors

From: <mike_ranger_at_dofasco.ca>
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 15:43:31 EST

The schematic identifies them as

        MPSU57 Q603, Q703
        MPSU07 Q604, Q704

And the "Woodcock Faq" (xy monitor bible) states

"A common modern day replacement for MPSU57 (Q603/Q703)

is NTE189 and the part for MPSU07 (Q604/Q704) is NTE188. These should

be greased where they touch the heat sink (like the chassis transistors)

to improve heat dissipation. If you are having trouble with these

failing, you might want to beef them up by using TO-202 package upgrades

to NTE50 (MPSU57) and NTE49 (MPSU07)."

Would that be what you are looking for?

Mike