MM2114N RAM Replacement

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 10:32:48 EST

My wife's Centipede went on the fritz over the weekend. (Before anyone
says, this is a vector-related question, because the condition of me buying
more vector games was getting her the Cenipede :-)

Screen went blank. Put into self test, 2 beeps. Check manual -- 2 beeps
means RAM F2 failure, which is listed as a 2114. Check the chip, it's a
MM2114N.

Mouser carries the NTE2114 -- for $12.

Jameco lists a 2114N for $1.29 - 1k x 4, 450ns . They also list a 2114N-2
200ns version. Obviously I prefer either of these options.

I recall some timing problems with replacement chips being posted a while
back, so I wanted to check if anyone had experience replacing this
particular RAM, could recomend using the faster chip to avoid such problems,
or any other suggestions of things to check at the same time.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/