Re: MM2114N RAM Replacement

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 17:31:32 EST

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Rodger Boots wrote:

> According to MAME this game uses a 6502 running at 1.5 MHz.
> No way will a 450 nS RAM keep up with that. Go with the fast
> part.

Seemed that way to me, but as near as I can tell, the 450ns RAM is what's
in there. I'll have to take another look at the board.

Thanks to the other replies. BG Micro seems to have the best mail order
prices. Unfortunately,here in New York there is a lack of local places to
pick things up cheap from. I'm sure there are places down on Canal St. in
NYC I could pick something up cheap -- but it would probably be more
cost-effective in the long run to get the NTE rip-offs, with tolls and
whatnot.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/