RE: Tempest Troubles - Please Help

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 09:40:08 EST

Well.. I replaced the 7815 and the 7915 a couple times and it didn't seem
to help things any. I did notice that there is +25 on the input leg and
not +22.. could that make a difference? Also, I pulled the 7815's and
7915's off other boards. Are these things all the same? Or are there
variations I should worry about? And can I test them when I pull them
off to make sure they are good? It's possible I killed them while
trying to desolder them, but they are made to get real hot, so I doubt
it (and the -15 worked fine after replacing them). So where do I go
from here?

Thanks in advance,
Jon