RE: AVG programming question...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 16:13:23 EDT

> Can you try reading 0x2002 right afterwards and see if you get the
> correct data.

That's a good idea. I added a bunch of LDA/STA's to work RAM last night
to help me see how far it's getting. I can use the P1/P2 LEDs as
diagnostic lights too...

> I think Jeff was having a very similar problem when he tried
> 'animating' on the
> Space Duel hardware. Jeff???????

Sounds possible.

> You need to read the /VGHalt line to see when the VG is done. This may
> be the problem?

Could be. For some reason I'm under the impression that Tempest doesn't
have one. Maybe I just missed it. (I was just using the Memory Map in
the MAME source for reference.) That's exactly what I need though to be
able to avoid bus contention in VRAM...

Thanks!

-Clay