Re: AVG programming question...

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 16:24:17 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> > You need to read the /VGHalt line to see when the VG is done. This may
> > be the problem?
> >
> Could be. For some reason I'm under the impression that Tempest doesn't
> have one. Maybe I just missed it. (I was just using the Memory Map in
> the MAME source for reference.) That's exactly what I need though to be
> able to avoid bus contention in VRAM...

Now that I think of it. You definitely need to be polling the VGHALT
line to
see when the VG is done. Then between drawing cycles you DEC the value
and
the give another VGGO. This is basically exactly what I did on the
'return to
Vaxx' attract mode, except I did the opposite. I had the Normal MH
logo appear
then made the text appear extremly large and swoop down(scale) onto
the screen
into place. :-)