Lunar Lander Lamp drivers

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 10:39:58 EDT

Hi all,

Could someone tell me what the behavior of the Lunar Lander control panel lamps
are supposed to be?

I assume the instructions square is always lit. Does the first game selection
(lamp2) light as soon as there are enough credits? Then, I assume it cycles
between 2, 3 ,4 5, and repeat.

I have a Lunar Lander lamp board/board set that does the following:

Upon boot up, lamp 3 is on. Crediting the game makes the light (lamp3) go out,
but lamp 2 does not come on. Pressing select makes lamp3 come on (which is
what I would expect). Pressing it again, no lamps. Again, no lamps, Again, no
lamps, again, lamp 3 again (it seems to be cycling back to lamp 3 ok).

I don't think this circuitry is on wiretap (and even if it was, but the
displayer I'm using won't display it in fine enough detail), so if anyone can
help me with what tests I could perform, I would appreciate it.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL