G05 problems

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 10:44:53 EDT

Hi all,

My G05 monitor that I'm working on worked fine for a while, but now I fire it
up, and it sits there, then the two neon bulbs come on :-(.

It looks like someone hacked the two large ceramic resistors at the top of the
deflection board. I'm not sure what value these are supposed to be, as my
schematics do not show the value of resistors 100 and 101. I think they are
supposed to be 5 ohm. Can someone confirm this for me (and maybe give me an
idea about the neon bulbs significance? BTW, the ceramic resistors at R100
were cold after shutdown, but R101 was VERY hot. Maybe that's a clue...

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL