Re: Transformers for Sega vector

From: Aaron Howald <Ahowald_at_bilbo.w-link.net>
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 02:01:33 EDT

Believe it or not, old stereo Amp transformers might work well- most have a
high-current 30-60 volt output (2 of them, center tapped) hmmm....I work in
a repair shop, with some transformers laying around. How much current is
drawn?! If the old one is a monster (more than 4"x4"x4" in size) I don't
have anything strong enough. (You should see what I had to rig up for my
Wells-Gardiner Vector monitor-2 transformers wired together!)

>Anyone have a good cheep source for the 96(?) centertap transformers? Or a
>pair of small cheep 48V?
>
>Thanks,
>David
>
>Thanks!