Re: B/W X/Y?

From: Andrew Wilson <andrew_at_hyperbole.com>
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 12:57:19 EDT

> Okay so maybe WG's weren't original stock, but they still would
> work wouldn't they?

        As I recall, the Cinematronic games send digital information to the monitor,
while (all?) other vector games send analog signals. So Cinematronic games won't
work with an analog vector monitor (like the WG you are looking at). I also dimly
recall that people have tossed around the idea of making a DAC board that would take
the Cinematronic digital input and generate W-G compatible analog output, but if
anyone's done this I haven't heard about it...

                                Drew