Re: Asteroids deluxe

From: Andrew Wilson <andrew_at_hyperbole.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 17:50:32 EDT

>On a good 1st screen, I can end up with
> 40k points or more.

        That's amazing, given that on my upright the saucers target the asteroids
very accurately, and the killer satellites only come out at certain times (for
example, when you have 2 small rocks left). Typically I'm lucky to break 10,000 on
the first wave before the saucers destroy the last of the asteroids. Maybe I have a
different rom revision (as I recall, I have the revision that has 4 rocks on the
first wave).

> By the way,
> what kind of high scores does everyone get astroids deluxe? My high score is
> around 168k. Someday I'll break 200

        I've wondered about this myself. I *finally* broke into the top 3 on my
machine with a score around 67,000. I don't forsee myself ever breaking 100K. You
must be a helluva player, or I must have my game set too hard.

                                Drew