Re: WG6101 vs 6102

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 23:42:55 EDT

Roy,
Everything in the 610X monitors are interchangable, the 6102 was just a
later rev of the monitor and the 329 HV cage has an added "HV Trip"
feature where you can set a pot to cut out the HV in an overvoltage
condition. For some reason I seem to remember there is an extra wire
running from the HV cage to the deflection board and the HV trip wont work
unless this extra wire is there. thats the only difference in the
chassis, and dont even worry about it if you are gonna use a 329 in a
6101, I find its a pretty useless "feature". It was probably put in
just as a selling point for ops to fool them into thinking it was a better
design. :) The deflection board probably has some extra input protection
stuff on it instead of using the add-on Input Protection Board or the
diode mod in the MH conversion instructions..It was just integrated into
the board. I think that pot on the neck is just a sub-screen control..

Basically what it comes down to is the 6102s work the same as 6101s with
the same problems..

Jeff