Asteroids Deluxe

From: Ben Cole <colebr_at_cbpu.com>
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 10:56:05 EDT

Dear Vectorlist Gurus,

My Asteroids Deluxe recently started having a little intermittent
trouble with the buttons. While rotating and thrusting, pressing fire
will interrupt the rotation of the ship, resulting in no rotate or fire.
I put in brand new switch contacts but once in a while it will still do
it. Sometimes it is very often other times once in a great while. I
double checked the wire harness and connectors and they seem to be
fine. ( .03 ohms from the switch contacts to the main board and self
test seems ok, all switches respond )
Has anyone ever run into this problem? Should I be looking at the inputs
to the J10 and L10 data/sel/multiplexer, or the IC's ? Intermittent
fault makes me think wiring, or switches, or main board connector, or
wire traces on main board.
Ben Cole