Transistor question

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 07:29:25 EDT

I have a bunch more Electrohome G08s to work on in the very near future.
One problem I've been trying to resolve is - I can't find the original
MPSU10 and MPSU60 transistors anywhere without having to get the NTE or
ECG equivalents. As you may well know - NTE can be expensive if you're
considering replacing alot of these. So, I'm either hoping someone can
guide me to a place that actually carries the MPSU10 and MPSU60
transistors or give me a recommendation as to other transistors that may
work as good, if not better than the ones originally placed in the G08
monitors.

These are the specs according to the NTE cross refrencing manual

MPSU60 - Ic=500ma - BVceo=300v - hFE=70
MPSU10 - Ic=.5a - BVceo=300v - hFE=40 (min)

These are each in the TO-202 case.

It would actually be nice to find a higher rated and more common type of
transistor that costs less. I'm sure I can't be the only one fixing a
deflection problem on a G08 and thinking - Hmmmm, is there a better
alternative than going with NTEs expensive replacements? Not that I'm
that big of a tight-wad - I'm just thinking of buying some of these in
bulk.

any suggestions are welcome.

matt