Re: Casters on games

From: Mike Benedict <benedict_m_at_palmer.edu>
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 18:56:29 EDT

At 17:58 05/11/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Just how much DOES one of these things weigh anyway ? No need to make it
>much higher than I have to. Those cute 1" plastic ones would be
>unobtrusive, but they only hold 50 lbs each, and I think Centipede weighs
>more than 200 lbs.

Ah ha! I was waiting to see if someone else ran into this.

I've used the rubber (or whatever they are) wheels (100 lbs rating) on most
of my games. I didn't trust the little plastic wheels as they seemed too
cheesy to support the weight. I could be wrong but I just had visions of
one of them shattering as I rolled a game across the floor. BTW, I haven't
had any problems (yet) with flat spots forming. Your mileage may vary.

On the other hand, given that others haven't had a problem with the plastic
wheels, I'll be more likely to give them a try in the future. They are a
lot less expensive and they won't add as much to the games height.

Mike Benedict