HV Diode for G05

From: Dave Downin <downin_at_smarty.smart.net>
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 12:34:41 EDT

Regarding a G05-801 with low HV, I do believe that the problem is either the
flyback or the HV diode. I tried the suggested method of hitting the diode
with freeze spray with no improvements, but I'm really not getting HV from the
start (when I turn it on)...it's just that the squeeling doesn't start until
10-20 seconds later.

Is there any way to specifically test this diode or the HV transformer?
I tried putting my meter on the diode test and checking it, but it showed
open in both directions... but I am getting a display when I fire the
thing up.

From what I've read, the HV transformer is hard to find. So I figure I'll try
replacing the diode and hope that cures things. That is if there is a source
of replacements for it. I've checked local electronics shops and couldn't
find anything.

The diode has the following markings:

ERIE
TSK-453-002
28-43-01
7945

Anyone know where I can find this?

--
Dave Downin (dave@arlo.net)
        "Sorry, the world is nuts.  It can't be helped" - Arlo Guthrie