RE: Tempest/Vector Breakout (was Tempest Multigame)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 20:18:22 EDT

> I think that would be cool.. it just starts you off on a higher level
> depending on the setting. Or is the difficulty based on the score?

Difficulty right now is based losely on the number of "hits" the player
has made (successful bounces of the ball off the paddle) and whether or
not the ball has ever hit the top of the screen. I'm still dinking
around with that though... I can rather easily change the "initial"
difficulty (speed, angles).

> Also, as an FYI, we #rgvac'ers have convinced Jrok to make some
> replacement EAROM's for those of us that have dead ones (all 5
> of my Atari vids need working ones). Check out his hack page at:
> http://www.jrok.com/pics/hack.html Clay: will this interfere
> space-wise with your multigame?

Hmmm. I don't know where the EAROM is located on the Tempest board... I
don't think it'll be a problem. As long as he doesn't need any software
patches it should be happy.

Thanks for pointing this out! I had the same thing in the works...
(Now what should I do with 11,000 surface-mount 2816's?!?!?! ...It's a
long story, you don't want to know... ;-)

-Clay