Re: Why can't games behave for company ?

From: James G Watt <jim_at_kinetic-arts.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 08:20:57 EDT

In article <Pine.SUN.4.10.9905312329460.4429-100000@westnet.com>,
Christopher X. Candreva <chris@westnet.com> writes

>Why is it that some machine -- usually the latest I've gotten -- has to up
>and quit on me whever company is over to play ?

I thought this only happened to me! The first machine I ever got was a
space invaders cocktail. First time the guys were round for a look -
sound disappears :(. Just a 12volt fuse. My latest machine is a marble
madness and although it survived the first time it was shown off, the
second time people were over, the graphics went bad (I've put another
marblemadnes cartridge board in the thing now and it works fine but I'd
still like to know what's wrong with the original board. The game runs
fine but all the colour is missing from the backgrounds and it appears
in shades of grey).

This happens all the time with game boards also. The funny thing is it's
usually a problem you can fix within about 30 seconds of your guests
leaving!

--
James G Watt
http://www.kinetic-arts.demon.co.uk