Expiring continue timer (was Re: Tempest Multigame (behaviour))

From: Franklin Bowen <fbowen_at_balt.checkfree.com>
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 10:30:29 EDT

Wasn't there a way to speed up the continue timer? I thought I just hit
the fire button 10 times really fast or something like that to expire it.
Maybe it was a different game?

MKDUD@aol.com on 05/30/99 12:34:24 AM

Please respond to vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu

To: vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu
cc: (bcc: Franklin Bowen/MD/CheckFree)

Subject: Re: Tempest Multigame (behaviour)

Back in the day, a true Tempest phreak would wait at the machine AFTER his
game was over for the "continue" timer to expire, so no idiot could walk in
and bump his score by continuing...Perhaps Clay an incorporate someting
that
expires the continue timer by pushing the fire and superzapper buttons at
the
same time after the player has entered their high score....