Re: Tempest-- (AKA, Clay and Zonn beating each other's brains out)

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 00:07:09 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/99 4:27:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
andrew@hyperbole.com writes:

<< I would submit that this is an element of modern game design. >>

<<Try playing through the final boss in (say) Legends of Gauntlet or House of
the Dead on just one credit -- you ain't gonna do it unless your midichlorian
count
is way off the scale ;-P (sorry, couldn't resist)>>

True, but it is this aspect of "modern game design" (or lack of design, in my
opinion) that totally ruins their staying power. I'd say you'd have to have a
really high midichlorian count to play Tempest to over 400k, starting at
level one. Difference is, you want to play Tempest again, and again, and
again........