Re: Ampliphone HV board

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Jun 06 1999 - 02:36:33 EDT

Hi Jess!

I don't think this would help at all, the problem is not that the
regulator fails and then the HV croaks, more that the HV transformer
(Xformer) burns out due to poor design. I suspect the insulation on the
windings left a bit to be desired.

Interesting isn't it that on raster monitors, that Electrohome monitors
eat a LOT of flybacks yet the Wells Gardner raster monitors hardly EVER
lose one. Yet on the XY monitors, i found that LOTS os Wells Gardner
Xformers croak, but the Electrohome version seems quite reliable....

John

("life...don't talk to me about life" Marvin the Paranoid Android)

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com