Re: Ampliphone HV board

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Sat Jun 05 1999 - 23:56:15 EDT

What is the the common way in which the HV transformers fail? Is there a
certain winding that gets shorted turns from the heat?
  I think that this has been talked out before, but would replacing the
small T0-220 cased +/- 24V regulators with larger T-03 versions ( and
eliminating the big hot resistors) help to preserve the HV transformers?