RE: 137179 replacements (and Tempest MG update)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 13:53:23 EDT

AVG replacements:

Ok, I've got responses for 34 of the AVG replacement boards. I'll go ahead
and do `em. I'll guestimate that they'll probably be ready by the end of
July. (Figure I'll get started after next week, take a week to do
prototypes, and then take about 3 weeks for volume PCB availability, with
one more week to build/test/ship units.) Don't send money yet, I'll let the
list know when I'm ready to take orders.

I'm a bit worried I'm going to be sitting on a bunch of these for a long
time (I have to do 100 boards to keep the per-unit price down) so after the
pre-orders are done coming in at $25 I'll probably raise the price to $30.
(To get better part prices I buy everything at once for the whole run, so if
I pre-sell 40 of them I'm still sitting on the other 60 until they sell.
I'm sure I'll sell them eventually, but I don't really like having the cash
tied up for so long, so I want to make a little more back on it.)

Tempest Multigame:

I've been writing the manual (I just *love* writing manuals. Ugh. Maybe
DougJ wants some contract work for the next one. :-) I've got one bug in
the menu that I need to fix, but otherwise everything seems fine.
V-Breakout is GM at version 1.2, I added the Tempest Rev. 3 changes to
Tempest Tubes, made sure high scores work everywhere they should and they
never get wiped out by V-Breakout or the menu system, etc. I should get
some shipped this Friday, but the majority will probably go out over the
next week or so.

Thanks,
-Clay

P.S. I'll be really curious to hear what people think of V-Breakout. In a
mindless sort of way, it's actually fun for some reason. Kinda
trance-inducing. I'll be curious to hear if people think it's too hard, too
easy, or whatever. It seems relatively difficult to me, but I'd rather have
it be a bit challenging than too easy. There's no bonus or continues, so
there's no doubt about how the high-score got there. ;-)