Re: Forgive the off topic, but arcade mailing list?

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 22:50:39 EDT

Kurt Mahan wrote:
> What are the "proper" values for crystals on the MH boardset? I've looked
> at several boardsets and NONE of them have been consistent on the two
> crystal values. 12.096, 12.000, 10.000, and 8.000 are the values that
> I've recent seen..

The dedicated games had a 12 and a 10. The tempest/sd/gravitar
conversions had a 10 and an 8.9 I think(maybe an 8 since that is what
you have seen). You can tell what crystals a game has by the pitch of
the music.
  The differece was because the conversions used the Wells-Gardner
monitor which had a slower 'slew rate'? Im not sure if that is correct
but the Wells-Gardners were somehow slower than the amplifones.