Re: Major Havoc Side Art

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 07:36:39 EDT

I appreciate the offer, but I am trying to reproduce the dedicated artwork.
I have been slowly piecing together a dedicated unit from various parts
that I have been finding, and have gathered everything I need except the
side art and an Amplifone monitor. Since the monitor is going to be close
to impossible to find, I figured I could at least make the side art. I
guess the people who turned these things into Arkanoid weren't considering
the effort needed to restore them :) It wouldn't have been as bad if they
hadn't sanded the side art down before painting the sides black (ugh).

Since I doubt there is any NOS side art available anywhere, I figured that
I'll need to get a high resolution picture of the artwork and the dimensions
of it and try to clean it up on the computer. The other option would be
to use a scanner and hold it up to the machine. Then take the different
pieces and merge them together into one large tiff file. The problem with
that is that most (all?) scanners have the sides raised up over the scan
area, so the scans of the side art would be blurry.

Jon