Re: Ampliphone HV-other options?!

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 03:34:05 EDT

You can be connected to the CRT, just unplug the
neck board.

Resistor? Just where do you think you're going to find
a resistor that can take that kind of voltage? A HV
probe would do it, but without the capacitance of a
CRT present the reading on the probe will be wrong.

Be careful what you use for the transistor. The flyback
pulse at the transistor collector is REAL close to 1,000
volts! And the resonating capacitors must be able to
withstand that, too. Without the capacitors that pulse
will TRY to go to infinity, that's why monitor makers
are real picky what they use there. It's also why they
use multiple smaller value capacitors, if one goes open
the pulse doesn't get too wild.