RE: while you're waiting...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 17:42:22 EDT

> We are using a low profile zif socket, it used a screwdriver to release
> the
> pins, just slightly larger than the regular ic socket, about 1/3 thicker,
> and maybe 3/8 in longer on the top for the screwdriver release to fit
> in...

Yeah, I have one of those on something around the garage-- dunno what it s
though. Maybe a 9010 pod?

Those are fine as long as you can get at the screw. The multigames tend to
have the PCB around the connector so the screws are hard to get at for the
same reason a lever is hard to get at...

Just having a replaceable socket on the boards I do functional-testing on
works pretty well...

-Clay