Re: Someone auctioning Vortrax SC-01's

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 10:42:47 EDT

MKDUD@aol.com wrote:
> What used these? Are they the same as a TSI S14001A? (I was thinking this was
> the same thing Stern used in Berzerk, Frenzy, and some Pinball machines)?

Hey Mike!
They are different. The SC-01 was used in Midway games (Gorf is all I can remember right
now) and all the Gottlieb Pins/Vids. Sounds about as horrendous as the Stern IC tho. I was
sort of interested in the TSI S14001 and how it works. I will go look at the Berserk MAME
driver and see if it is emulated or if they used samples. Is your Speech IC bad in your
lightning (pinball for all you vector heads ;-) I have yet to test mine in my Split
Second.