Re: Someone auctioning Vortrax SC-01's

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 10:49:21 EDT

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 MKDUD@aol.com wrote:

> What used these? Are they the same as a TSI S14001A? (I was thinking this was
> the same thing Stern used in Berzerk, Frenzy, and some Pinball machines)?

Gorf that I can think of offhand, though I know there are others. The
Vortrax SC-01 is a phoenme synth, one of the first, and probably what we
think of when we think of synthesized speach. Most of the other arcade
games, on the other hand, used recorded, digitized and compressed sound.

I actually have brand new one still in it's box from MicroMint. Was going
to build a project for it in High school that never happened. Now I keep it
in case I ever need to fix a Gorf.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/