Re: Fuses [was] RE: Where's everyone going?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 14:42:43 EDT

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:16:28 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>> Rat Shack caries very little of anything any more. Unless you want some
>> home electronics. They went "HOW big!?!?" when I asked them if they had any
>> 20A fuses.
>
>And then tried to sell you a cell phone, batteries (which they used to
>give away for free), and on top of that asks you for your name & address
>so they can misspell your name and give you 5 copies of their monthly
>mailer with each misspelling.

Batteries cost, but now they *give* the "phone" away!

Everytime I've been there in the last year the last question before
punching the total key on the cash register is: Would you like a free
PCS phone?

I usually say, "Sure throw it in the bag, I'm in a little bit of a
hurry".

Of course you can only say this when you're *not* in a hurry, because
now they have to explain to you how much this free phone costs, and
would I prefer they automatically deduct the monthly payments, for my
FREE phone, from my credit card.

At which point I laugh and say, "Wow. Your not going to start
deducting payments for my FREE bag are you? 'Cause if that's the
case, you can keep the bag!".

At which point they know your not going to BUY the FREE phone and
laugh a little, and tell you to have a nice day.

Since the conversation is unusual, they remember it, and you only have
to have if once, per Radio Shack employee, to keep from being offered
the FREE phone in the future.

-Zonn