Amplifone Question

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat Jun 26 1999 - 17:40:13 EDT

Well, its finally happened... I was able to get an Amplifone :) The guy
that sold it to me said the HV transformer was blown, but it turns out that
it is a WinGate. From what I have heard in here, the WinGate is the same
as the WinTron right? Also, aren't these things like super reliable? I
haven't done anything with it yet, but would you guys guess that the seller
was probably wrong about it? I paid a little more than I should have for a
known dead Amplifone that needed a WinTron thrown in, but now I'm thinking
I probably got a pretty good deal (if this thing is good, and probably
won't need to be replaced). Without knowing any more about it, is it safe
to assume that this WinGate is probably fine and will last me quite a while?

Jon